If you are ever looking for a sweet coffee drink on a hot summer day, an Espresso Granita is an excellent choice. This drink contains espresso, sugar, whipped cream, and chocolate. It is frozen, crushed, and served in a parfait glass.
- 2 cups of espresso or strong coffee
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chilled heavy whipping cream or store bought whipped cream.
- Bittersweet chocolate shavings
- Make 2 cups of espresso or strong coffee.
- In a medium bowl, add espresso, ½ cup of sugar, and vanilla. Stir ingredients together.
- Pour mixture into a 9x9x2 baking dish and freeze for at least 1 hour.
- Pull dish out of freezer and using a fork, break up the mixture into frozen pieces.
- Beat the cream and 1 tbsp. of sugar until a good whipped cream is formed. Can substitute store bought whipped cream.
- Pour the frozen mixture into tall glasses. Top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
- Can be made 3 days ahead. If so, be sure to cover the dish tightly and keep frozen.